Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
No DXF or DWG ability in save as or export
I originally posted this elsewhere but feel it is better here!

I have developed a problem with Version 8. I cannot export or save to DWG or DXF format. This is a BIG DEAL as I use DeltaCAD to do layouts but paste the data into existing AutoCAD drawings. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a work-around?

UPDATE:

I had imported an actuator from Alibre Design Express which may be the problem. When I removed that portion of the drawing, the rest generates a DXF file as before. I uninstalled the program and re-installed it as well as doing a System Restore and all those had no effect. I will post the offending document here to see if anyone else can come up with what the problem might be. The file is only 109K.

Attached Files
.dc   Layout.dc (Size: 108.78 KB / Downloads: 6)
The following is the reply I got from Midnight Software:

Quote:I took a look at your file, and there are a number of circles that have a negative number for the radius. I wrote a macro that changed them all back to a positive number, and then your file would save as a .dxf file.

I have attached the fixed file.

Do you have any idea how the negative radius circles were created?

Sincerely yours,
Midnight Software, Inc.
This issue resulted in Midnight Software releasing a Patch for Version 8 on 09-25-2013 as announced to our group <here>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Print/export in 100% scale rikard454 2 433 02-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: rikard454
  Problem with Export From Screen To File function in V7.0 DeltaCAD4ME 6 5,904 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Admin 1