Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused Layer and Layer Object Color
I think my original question was not clear enough. I understand that you can define 255 individual layers to represent a architectural design project. In addition you can define an infinite color choice for each element within a selected layer. My question should have read as follows:
After a layer is defined, Example : Exterior Walls, and i set color to Blue
When i set the Wall layer to current, do i have to set the color to "blue" for each drawing tool i choose to use within that layer. Or can it be set globally such that by selecting a layer and making it current, the color is set automatically?
You have to set the color for each drawing tool you choose to use within that layer. DeltaCad does not set globally such that by selecting a layer and making it current, the color has to be set manually.

But it should be possible to write a Macro to set the current layer and to set the color at the same time. 
You could put the color in the Layer name (such as "Wall, blue") or have fixed color settings for each Layer name programmed in the Macro or have an external file with Layer names and their colors, then you would only need to click on a drop down list to make that layer current and  'globally' set the color.

But you would have to run this macro every time you want to change to a different layer.

This < MACRO > could be modified to set all the different drawing tools to a color.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Layers and Layer object colors IanL 2 2,438 06-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Last Post: IanL
  Which layer displays on top of all other layers? rodalsa 3 3,124 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Last Post: i44troll
  Symbols pasting on wrong layer Brewster 5 5,267 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Brewster
  copying one layer to another Partimer 6 6,672 10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
  bringing a layer to the top dbcriss 1 2,576 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM